Behind our farmhouse you will find a peaceful, winding path including our animal, plant, and mineral neighbors, quiet places to sit, and a few thoughtful words posted on small signboards to complement your own meditations.
Enjoy the wheelchair-friendly boardwalk and the less-smooth walking trail. In the spring, your rubber boots and sense of humour are recommended for some parts of the walk.
An illustrated guide to the plants to be seen along the trail, with text by our own Phil Kern, follows (documents are in pdf format, and available in sections for easier downloading; paper copies available at the kiosk at the trailhead):
- Part 1: Cover, Table of Contents, Acknowledgments, Introduction, and Map (8 pages, 836 KB)
- Part 2: Guide to the Land and the Paths, Section 1 (11 pages, 1.9 MB)
- Part 3: Section 2 (8 pages, 1.4 MB)
- Part 4: Section 3, including The Land and the Path through the Seasons (15 pages, 2.4 MB)
- Part 5: Appendices, including a categorized listing of all plants and a discussion of their life cycle (10 pages, 1.7 MB)
- Combined file (52 pages, 8 MB)