Religious Education: strong and intentional faith development
At the UUCUV, we have programs for Children, Families, and Adults and you can always find out what’s coming up here! Our community encourages one another along our spiritual paths throughout our lives. The UUCUV is proud to be a Welcoming Congregation, celebrating all family constellations in our Religious Ed programs.
Children’s Faith Development: Sunday Mornings
We support parents by nurturing children in a safe environment where they are encouraged to explore religious and ethical values and gain the skills necessary for lifespan faith development. Kids’ faith development begins early, when they learn that their loving parents still exist and will come back even when they can’t be seen. It’s never too early to supplement parents’ teachings!
- 10:00 AM: We all begin worship together and kids will collect the donations of food and personal care items, then exit to Religious Education.
- Preschool and Nursery – from 6 weeks to 5 years with preschool teacher assisted by volunteer caregivers
- Spirit Play – for Elementary kids led by Miss Sheena and volunteer assistants
- Junior Youth – stay tuned for special programming for this year
- Youth Program – not Sunday mornings, it’s a youth-led group including worship, service, ethics education and lots of snacks.
We create a dynamic curriculum tailored to a range of learning styles inspired by our core UU principles and drawn from our sources. We celebrate that children learn through activity and stillness, music and conversation, wondering and following role models like our Honored Guests who join us from among the caring adult members of the congregation.
Book Wish List – please consider donating one of these special books to the UUCUV library.
Sermons from Sparrow:
Please email Sparrow with any questions, comments, or thoughts!