Primary Grade students – including older kids who feel more active: Whole-body, kinesthetic lessons are planned to learn about our topics. Children will be hiking, playing cooperative and sharing games, and doing projects about fairness and friendliness. We’ll use ideas from Deep Fun, the New Games Book, and Values Clarifications.
Julianna McGonigle, a former second grade teacher, leads this group and aims to get outdoors every week that it’s reasonable; children’s outdoor gear should be ready and waiting in the coat area.
Our curriculum rotation follows these themes:
- September & October: Unitarian Universalist Identity
- November & December: World Religions (affirming our congregation’s life as a partner church)
- January & February: Justice and Anti-Bullying (reflecting the Welcoming Congregation work of the UUCUV)
- March: Music & Story (because sometimes winter is a little bit too long)
- April, May & June: Spirit in Nature (a cornerstone of our Green Sanctuary work)